"On Christmas Eve, Andrew and I had plans to go to Christmas Eve dinner at my parents' house in Williamsburg, VA. Before we got on the road, Andrew wanted to stop by his Grandfather's home "the shop" to see Linda, Becky and Murphy, who had just come into town for the holiday. We went in, said hello, and before we were about to leave, Andrew said "hey baby, come outside, I want to show you something." I followed him through the living room, out the front porch and onto the front lawn where his Grandfather's tractor was located. Every Christmas, Andrew's company brings the tractor to the front yard and decorate it with lights. The day before Christmas Eve, Andrew went in to work at 5am because he needed to get the tractor cleaned and repainted. I didn't think anything of it...until he started talking to me once we were outside. He said, "have I ever told you the story of what this tractor represents? When Dee (his grandfather who passed away a few years ago) was just starting out, he bought this tractor. This was his first piece of equipment and it was the start of his future. This began the business, which provided for my parents, who brought me into the world." . He then said, "there is no place that I would rather start my life than right here, with you." He got down on one knee, grabbed my right hand (yes...my right) and told me to take off the ring I had on my finger. I said.. well, that's because it's the wrong hand! Long story short, he was slightly embarrassed, however, it makes for an adorable story. He placed the beautiful ring (which was his grandmothers) on my ring finger and asked if I would marry him- I said YES of course!
He asked me if it was all I ever wanted and I couldn't help but say YES! It was perfect."
Bree and Andrew I wish you the best, and thank you for giving me the honor of taking your engagement pictures. I know you are going to have an amazingly beautiful wedding and you will be a gorgeous bride Bree!





















2 comments:
Now THAT is an adorable engagement story!! May or may not have teared up during his explanation. ;) Beautiful pictures, Mel, and I wish the happy couple all the happiness in the world. :)
Mel, you amaze me every day with your new photographs!!! Especially THESE because they are friends of mine! I think it's so wonderful how the three of y'all came together for these pictures. LOVE IT. You're growing into a beautiful photographer and I am so excited for each picture to come!!! You are spectacular!! And Bree and Andrew - these pictures truly capture you two and I am so excited for the wedding!!! xox LOVE TO ALL!
Post a Comment